First of all, I am not a taxidermist, but I got the idea for the name when I was building boxes for habitat displays for a friend of mine who was an award winning taxidermist. Sometimes he would cut off a sliver of meat from a deer he was working on and pop it into his mouth for a snack! I thought, well, if you are going to kill it, you might as well eat it!
Let’s talk! Let’s talk fishing, hunting, outdoors, do it yourself, any thing your heart desires about the great outdoors.
Some of the categories I would like to create are:
- Fishing, and fishing related topics.
- Hunting, and hunting related topics.
- Guns! Yes guns I said! Whether you use them for hunting, self defense, putting holes in small pieces of paper at long distances, or even collecting.
- On the topic of guns, we can even break it into the categories listed above, and more. Things like:
- Target shooting.
- Hand loading, which is one of my personal favorites.
- Collecting military, and civilian firearms.
- Bow hunting.
- And, of course, if it is your area, taxidermy.
The idea here is to turn this blog into a sort of open forum on the great outdoors, a place you might want to set down with a cup of coffee and visit in the morning. We will be adding a forum shortly, and in the meantime use the comments section at the bottom of each post, to let us, and everyone else who reads this, know what you are thinking.
All you have to do, is sign up, and sign in, and you can post to your hearts content!